Sunday 27 November 2011

Sunday Smiles ♥

Sunday can be a grim cocktail of a hangover from Saturday evening and the impending gloom of Monday morning, however it doesn't have to be this way! While I am unable to offer a better hangover cure than Berocca and a bacon sandwich, I do hope to bring a small smile to your Sunday, making the thought of Monday morning seem a little more bearable.


In the world of worlds imagination is one of the forces of nature
Wallace Stevens


Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong
E.O. Wilson


Nature has always had more force than education
Voltaire 


Don't waste your time on me you're already the voice inside my head
Blink 182


The world is always in movement
V.S. Naipaul


A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous
Ingrid Bergman


All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move
Alfred Lord Tennyson


Thanks for reading, I hope you had a great week and that you are looking forward to next week and the start of advent!

I met a new guy this week, he was very sweet when we met and was very keen to meet up again which I found refreshingly encouraging; I often find that guys play the hard-to-get card which can be so frustrating. Anyway we had agreed to meet up on Friday when on Thursday he texted me to tell me that he couldn't make it because he had a lot of work to do for Monday, that he wouldn't be able to do over the weekend. I didn't know how to take this, it was either a poor excuse for a brush off or he genuinely couldn't make it. I felt confused and annoyed but my friends encouraged me to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what happens. 

The interesting thing about this was that during last week when we were exchanging texts he would reply quickly and I would be the one putting distance between us. But now I'm the one waiting to hear from him, the tables have turned and I'm reminded of a line from Baz Luhrman's song Everybody's Free: 'Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts, don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours'. What ever happens with this guy I have learnt lessons from this that I would do well not to forget, if you find a nice guy don't push him away because he acts different to all the other dicks. Maybe he is a genuinely nice guy and he might mistake your distance as cold rather than self preservation. 

In other news it's my sister's birthday this week so I'm sending this slightly creepy video to her and anyone else who has a birthday this week, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Thanks for reading

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment